Sapphire Film on Plastics
A patented process to deposit an ultra-thin layer of sapphire on to a flexible plastics substrate;
- The technology has extended to plastics (e.g. PMMA) and the deposition process uses standard industrial mass production equipment.
- The surface hardness can be double the hardness on PMMA – achieving >5H Pencil Scale. Therefore by having the sapphire thin film, the display cover is more durable and less easily scratched.
- Surface hardness upto 5H pencil scale
- Sapphire shield that can be BENDING
- High transmission range: >90%
- Industrial Roll-to-roll (R2R) process
- Manufacturing cost effective
- Flexible Display, Solar Panel, etc.
- U.S. Patent Number: US 9,695,501 B1; Jul 4, 2017.
- U.S. Patent Number: US 2016/0024639 A1, Jan 28, 2016.
- PCT Patent Application Number: PCT/CN2015/089413, Sept 11, 2015.